1989 2 Stroke 200HP Tach and Surging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 2 Stroke 200HP Tach and Surging

OK, thanks to this forum my 200HP is running great and is idling smoothly again. I do however have a couple of annoying issues that I want to try and ressolve!,

1) At WOT the boat punches out of the hole on to plane beautifully, then the engine seems to back off slightly, then surge slightly then back off slightly. Seems like fuel to me. I had a mechanic check it out for idling and starting etc. and off load it is running fine and said the carbs are OK. So wondering if fuel pumps etc. may not be as efficient as they should be?

2) I cannot get the tach to work. It is an aftermarket Tach, and the signal post is connected to the green wire from the key switch harness. How can I test if the green wire is putting a signal out? Can you just put a volt meter on it or anything?

thanks

Andrew

Need to check fuel vacumn to see if have a fuel restriction in fuel system in boat, air leak or problem with with fuel pumps.
    Can check output voltage between green and black wires with a peak reading voltmeter(or DVA meter), voltage should increase as rpm's increase.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X