Mariner outboard built by Yamaha?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariner outboard built by Yamaha?

I have a Mariner outboard that seems to be built by yamaha and I was hopiing to get some info on this thing. First the owner does not no the year. I need the year for insurance purposes. The model is a 30ELo, code 689 L serial #417514. The other thing is what about parts for these? Do they use yamaha parts? Are they available? I can't seem to find much info on mariner outboards and what makes things even more confusing is that from my understanding Mercury took over yamaha to make them eventually.

Yamaha did make mariner outboards in the late seventies and early eighties. I had one I had to part out because I couldn't find parts for it. The only place where you may be able to find some thing for it would be on ebay and then I wouldn't bet on finding it.

Comment

yamaha has made 2 and four stroke engines for mercury marine until the divorce in 2003.
      the olde 2 stroke japanese mariners typically used the international motor parts so as not to compete directly with the yamaha US market stuff.
      for the year your going to have to find an older dealership that carried the japanese mariner line.

Comment

Here is Mercury parts listing, 30A 689-411947 THRU 689-550100 (EL) Mariner Outboard Parts
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Have a look at this

Mariner 30 elo

Comment

Working...
          X