Over Heating 250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over Heating 250

I have 2009 twin 250hp 4 stroke engines which had zero time on them and were in storage from 09 till 2011. When I bought the boat/motor I had the impellers replaced ....

now with a little over 50 hours on the engines ... the left engine has started over heating .... what is strange is that the engine runs great when *****ing at 2200 rpm ... also a lot of the time it runs OK at cruise ... but all of a sudden it will over heat ... I can throttle back ... shut it down and restart with no problem ... sometimes when idling at 600 rpm I will get the over heat warning ,,, again shut down and immediately start up and the engine is OK again ...

I first started getting the overheat when idling and thought it might me an indicator problem because of being able to shutdown and start right up with no problem, but now it has spread to cruise ... again not all the time ... but getting worse ...

I question is ... could this be a sticking thermostat???? The boat is located at an out island in the Bahamas and I need to trouble shoot the problem and take what will be necessary the next trip???

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated .....

Thanks in advance ....
    Blue Skies and Waters ... LE

Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
    in a pretty and well preserved body, BUT rather to skid in broadside,
    thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming,
    "***, WHAT A RIDE!!!"

pump kits,t stats and pressure control valves should be in your parts list.

Comment

Over Heating 250

pump kits,t stats and pressure control valves should be in your parts list.

Thanks .... I will start assembling the parts ...

Any ideas of trouble shooting between the pump / themostat or pressure control valve????

Thanks again ... LE

Comment

They are normal preventative maintenance items,
        but you can pull and inspect for salt/corrosion build up plugging passages and sticking the PCV s and test the stats in pot of water while heating it to see what temp it opens and closes at

Comment

Working...
        X