Filled up with gas and.... No start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filled up with gas and.... No start

Today after getting my engine rebuilt and back on the water I filled my boat up wit gas. I backed out of the marina and boom engine stalled and wouldn't restart. I drifted into a dock and tied up and tried to start the boat for 30 mins. It finally cranked over and started. I let it run for 5 mins and turned the engine off and restarted with no problem. Ran the boat for about ten miles to Marco island with no problem, sounded better than ever. Got back to the slip cleaned the boat and started with no problem again. What could possibly cause this issue?

Maybe after your engine rebuild there was some air in your fuel system/lines and once it was filled with fuel all was O.K.?...

Comment

It took a half hour after I filled up for it to turn over. I'm thinking a fuel issue. Do you think ring free pr a gas product for stableizing it would help?9

Comment

I use Ringfree for carbon and Stabil for stabilizing fuel...all the time. It's cheap insurance against some potentially very expensive fuel related problems...so far, so good!

Comment

Originally posted by mattsocci View Post
          It took a half hour after I filled up for it to turn over. I'm thinking a fuel issue. Do you think ring free pr a gas product for stableizing it would help?9
          If motor would not turn over, then motor was locked up or starter was not working properly. Need more info

Comment

I think OP is using terms "crank over" and "turn over" to mean actually starting?....

Comment

Working...
            X