Trim and tilt problems 90Hp Yamaha.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim and tilt problems 90Hp Yamaha.

Hi there, I hope someone can give me some advice. The trim and tilt motor on my one motor keeps falling down slowly (Yamaha 90hp). On the trim and tilt unit is a number 6H1-13, I am not sure what it stands for. I have changed all the seals on the trim piston assemblies,tilt piston assembly and on the manual release valve. When this problem started I suspected the manual release valve.The two flat seals (Seats) where in bad shape so I thought I have solved the problem by replacing them but it is still doing it. If I cycle the motor up and down a couple of times it will stay up, but I haven't tested it on the water under pressure and I am sure it will still push the motor down. If you look at the first schematic (Manual I have) it shows a different type of manual release valve (Items 10,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31)and I don't know why. The manual release valve setup in my trim and tilt motor is the same as the one in the second schematic.(Found on net) I have replaced the two seats (Item 60) but my setup has a extra spring a little bit thinner than the other spring(Item 61)between item 62(Adapter) and item 60. In other words it has a spring on both sides of the adapter (Item 62), could this be my problem? If not what would you guys suggest, where do I look for the problem?
    Schematic 1.
    Attached Files

May have any of releif valves or main valve leaking, start by check mains, number 30 in scond diagram.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thx for your reply. I will do so and give feedback. It seems as if lots of people have the same problem and nobody realy knows what causes it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mieliepit View Post
        Thx for your reply. I will do so and give feedback. It seems as if lots of people have the same problem and nobody realy knows what causes it.
        My 1999 Yamaha 90C tilt/trim leaks down slowly, but not a huge problem...guess any hydraulic system with multiple valves, seals, O-rings,etc. may develop leaks sooner or later. I believe these tilt/trim systems are fairly complex and require special tools and expertise to rebuild. Good Luck!

Comment

My 99 Yam 150 did the same. What I found is I had to go through the bleed procedure a few times and keep topping off the fluid. Once I did that it didn't move. I was told from a dealer that if the boat sits alot you get some bypass of fluid. And he said to take it out and run it up & down a few times. Mu best results was doing the bleeding procedure in my repair manual. Good luck.

Comment

I have a 1999 Yamaha 90hp two stroke that was doing the same thing. All I had to do was unscrew that flat head screw that let the motor come done a couple times and tighten it back up and it stopped. Must have had some trash or deposits on it.

Comment

Working...
            X