Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot find existance of model number on 3hp outboard...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot find existance of model number on 3hp outboard...

Good morning everyone.

I have been trying to find information on this Yamaha 3hp outboard I bought secondhand a while ago. The model number on the motor is "0kje" and inside the motor, all the parts have a number of "0kje-1" I have tried calling Yamaha US, and some offshore locations, and cannot get any info on this model. Some have said it could be a Chinese clone, but my mechanic, who's been in the industry for 30+ years, says it's definitely a Yamaha motor, but was likely built as an international motor, and Yamaha cannot locate where it came from based on the model number.

I really just need a piston and rings for the motor. I want to rebuild it, and it looks like the parts from model "3MSHP" are the same, at least on the blow up diagram. Could anyone possibly shed some light on the piston and rings for the "3MSHP" model fitting mine, since they look identical on the blow up diagrams?

Thanks for any/ all help!

Tim

Update, I measured my piston, and it's showing me 46 mm diameter, and so is the piston specs for the replacement, so I guess I'll be ordering one up,

Tim

Comment

Working...
    X