1994 250 yam problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 250 yam problem

I have a 1994 250 yamaha. It is a rebuilt engine about two and a half years old. The end of last season the oil warning indicator would point to yellow. The oil tank is full. When I first use the the engine it is in the green after 15 or so mins. it moves to yellow. I think the that engine burns a little more oil than the other but nothing really dramatic. Any ideas what that might be? I pulled the one of the head covers off because I was loosing a little rpms at the end of last season. The top cylinder had a real lot of carbon on it. I pulled it because I blew an engine because the old cover had a hole in it. I was just being anal. It was probably just the plugs.

Just wondering if might be something that is common or maybe need replace the oil pump or sender or something.

Thanks Tom

The yellow light is the oil level of remote oil tank, check oil level sensor in remote tank and wiring between engine and oil tank.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

re: yellow oil indicator

Ok. I think I have eliminated some parts. I have twin engines so I switched the two wire extension leads part numbers 6R3-82553-80-00. from the tanks to the engines so the port tank was connected to the starboard tank and vice versa. when I did that the original tack (the port one) was still on yellow. So I assume now the problem is from the connection at the engine toward the engine oil tank. I then switched the oil level assembly's and still same problem. Now I did not swtich the two wires going from the harness to the tach. does that mean anything? I noticed the engine oil tank was a little low about an inch under the top line so I manually poured oil to top it off and still same. When I siwtch the wires behind the tachs the oil light switches to yellow on the other tach(which is what i expected). I am stumped???? any ideas????

Comment

Check continuity of each of the wires in that harness probably have a broken wire in harness.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X