Am I missing a Thrust Washer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I missing a Thrust Washer?

i got a 2000 model 70HP BETO 2 stroke, just cleaning up the prop shaft today and i think im missing a Thrust Washer.

these are all the washers that came IN FRONT of the prop

behind the prop there was no washer, i inspected and clean the area around the plastic-like oil seal, and surely no washer, behind the prop looks like this

just wonder im really missing a thrust washer? what does the washer do?

It will need that washer to properly space prop and to be able to torque down againt rubber hub in prop.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

If i'm not mistaken, it looks like in the picture that your thrust washer is stuck to the back side of the prop!

Comment

ok, so i clean out the dirt on that ring thing and sand it a bit, now it turns out like this

do u think that thing in the end IS the thrust washer? it seems nothing like a thin flat washer

Comment

the thrust washer is not a thin flat washer.
          look down inside the splined center and see if it is 2 different pieces

Comment

The whole brass piece not just the ring you cleaned is the thrust washer. It appears to be stuck to the prop. Not the first time I've seen that happen. You may need to take a punch and try to tap it out from the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by marinermikes View Post
              The whole brass piece not just the ring you cleaned is the thrust washer. It appears to be stuck to the prop. Not the first time I've seen that happen. You may need to take a punch and try to tap it out from the other side.
              Great pics, and Mike is right.
              Stanley Islander 19, 2006 Yamaha F150TLRC. Ottawa, Canada
              16' York River, 1986 Yamaha PRO 50.

Comment

Working...
              X