Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power tilt problems

Hi,

Apologies for going over old ground but I cannot find anything on this subject that will help me. I have a Yamaha F100AET 97 and the tilt has decided it doesn't wish to work anymore.

On pressing the switch on the actual outboard I can here clicking (solenoid?) but absolutely no movement. I tried to unscrew the manual release but that is solid. Whilst I can get round cars/engines etc in general, I have very little experience on outboards. Can anyone offer suggestions/diagrams etc please? All connections etc under the cover look fine to me.

The two years I have owned the boat it has worked perfectly, now I want to sell it, it's failed!

Any help/suggestions most appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Load test battery, check battery cables and connections, check for 12 volts at trim relay red wire, remove the trim motor wires from trim relay and connect to 12 volt battery, trim motor should run in one direction reverse the leads on battery and trim motor should run in opposite direction. If trim motor ok then probably bad trim relay.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks very much for the help. I'll stop by tonight and check what you suggest. I'll report my findings tomorrow. Is there anywhere on line that I can get exploded views diagrams of my outboard please?

Dave

Comment

Ok. Had a look tonight and now am totally confused. What I thought was the solenoid is one of three items that look the same in a vertical line. The top one (which was the one I thought was it) had a black neutral on one terminal and two on the live. One was seemingly a couple of reds crimped into one terminal, the other looked like a link to the live on whatever it was below (another solenoid?). Sorry to be a pain but any diagrams most appreciated because I'm a bit lost!

Comment

One is start relay , it should have battery pos to one main terminal and a cable to starter on the other.

Tilt/trim relay should be two relays tied in so that it can reverse the polarity to change direction of motor.
          Not sure on that motor but should be able to trace wires from trim motor to the relays and they should be blue and green in color. The smaller green and blue wires should be coming from T&T switches

Comment

Working...
          X