2 stroke outboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 stroke outboards

I like my 2 stroke outboard.I'm gonna miss the production of newer 2 strokes and I would like to see them brought back into production again.

Well I like my 2 stroke, carbed, premix motor also...the good news is if you take real good care of it then it may last as long as you do!

Comment

Hi Doug
      I`m looking for good advice, I `m looking at purchaseing a 1994 Yamaha 250hp 2 stroke outboard approx 300hrs run time.
      Would you have any Idea on its fuel ecconamy with trawling??

Comment

The EPA regulations is reason for end of two stroke engines, they are still a select few left but are going fast.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I'm in New Zealand and can still buy 2 strokes. I have just bought a 90 Yamaha 2 stroke. Other choices were 4 strokes and the ETEC. The Yamaha was thousands cheaper and I know it will be more reliable (limited electronics), and tolerant of poor fuels. OK, it is thirstier, but for me the relaiblity is more important and the price differnce will buy a lot of gas. My fear of electronics is not based on ignorance as I teach digital systems at degree level, but their track record in a harsh vibrating marine environment. (failed sensors etc).

Comment

I've just wondered about the longevity of the 4 strokes. Seems like out boards now receive little care from owners. 4 strokes have many more moving parts. Belts that need routine replacements which I'll wager just won't happen, and eventually their used value will drop. Just my 2 cents. Time will tell.From Arkansas USA

Comment

Working...
            X