Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping my outboard hooked to the fuel tank

(25hp 2 stroke 2002 yamy)

I bought a plastic gas tank that turns into a balloon in the sun, sometimes fooling me into thinking there is to much pressure but I guess it has to do more with a poorly designed plastic gas tank.
    But my main question is it bad for me to disconnect the fuel line from the outboard and start it without it?
    I wasn't sure of this so I just empty the tank keep it connected and then run the engine dry of gas for winter? Usually the last tank of the season I put fuel conditioner in anyways for whatever might remain in the lines even after run it dry.

I have 3 red plastic gas tanks in my boat and I always leave the caps slightly open enough to vent the air and prevent balooning of tank when the sun is on them. The fuel stabilizer in the last tank of gas is a good idea, then use fogging oil in motor for winter shut-down, then drain carbs(drain screws) is better than running motor dry of fuel. But either way is O.K. Good Luck!

Comment

I spray deep creat (seafoam) as fogging oil for winter, love that stuff. Actually I spray it in there a couple times during summer aswell to help keep things clean. Is all that pressure bad for the motor aswell? I bought this tank from Canadian tire, then unfortunately months later I saw another one at Walmart but this one was built tough and thick, and still for the same price, then I realized I just bought a crappy tank.

Comment

Working...
      X