90 4 stroke ceased manual tilt screw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 4 stroke ceased manual tilt screw

My motor on the tilt crapped out last week while fishing, was lucky to get it on the trailer and up the ramp (motor was down). Tried to use the manual override and the screw has ceased. (got lucky with some banging on the screw with a screwdriver and hammer, motor worked just enough to get up) Tech says to just leave it alone as it could possible shear off and the oring melting while trying to free it. I'm not too comfortable with that suggestion. what happens if the new motor quits ?? I then can't get the motor up for trailering and I'm screwed. whats the worst case senario if that happens ? will I need a knew hydraulic system ?
    I need the peace of mind knowing I can get the outboard up with or without the motor(tilt) working. otherwise fishing won't be so peaceful.
    any advise would be greatly appreciated
    Thanx

Arte you sure you are turning it the right way to loosen?

Might try an impact driver to see if that will help( the kind you hit with a hammer)

Comment

if it was just me that tried it, yeah I could see me turning it the wrong way. However it was the Yamaha dealer tech that officially said it was ceased up. Not sure how far he went trying to free it before saying you better leave it alone. I don't want to monkey with it until I'm sure of the possible outcomes.
      thanx for your reply

Comment

Working...
      X