going premix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going premix

First thanks for any assist. want to go premix on a 1988 yamaha 150 ETXG ser# 753721. what in relation to ECU from tank sensor? cut wiring? can I eliminate all oil tank(s) hardware? is there a block off plate for mechanical oil pump and is straight 50-1 yamalube ok? running a 26 gallon fuel tank. I don't have the yam tach in this system.

I was thinking about this mod as well

My idea was to reroute oil lines so they go back into the tank. Maybe pull off lines around carbs have them all go into 3/8s hose at top of tank connection. Circulate around and around through system. And use synthetic oil. Place all your warning stickers saying this oil tank is unhooked and recirculating be sure to add 50to1 in gas tank area. Some people remove the oil pump plus tank then make cover over area bolt it up. Im wondering though if that area needs lube though. Right now I put little oil in my gas tank to help lube carb needles and such. Thinking about deleting oil injection. They have shown you get more hours out motor premixed. Maybe with permanent marker write on plastic tank that it is unhooked add 50to1 to gas.
    Last edited by 200090tlry; 08-28-2011, 01:01 PM.

Comment

the Yamaha oil system is a very good reliable setup, why not just keep it as is? I have never seen any proof that a premix motor lasts any longer than an oil injected motor

Comment

The biggest issue of course is money to value. This was a project boat from tthe beginning. Since owning, oil tank has overfilled dumping almost 2 qrts of $$yamalube in engine tub and subsequently the water environment around it. Now some trips I burn way to much oil for distance covered and when tilted up oil leaks out of bottom carbs. Thinking premix and done. I just want to "tidy" up all oil delivery systems and KISS!

Comment

Do the preventive maintenance on the motor systems and repair what is broke.

Or you can do some forum or web searching to find what you need to remove the oil system without hurting the motor

Comment

Working...
          X