from runs great to stalled and wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• from runs great to stalled and wont start

hello have a 2004 70 hp 2 stroke was running fine throttled down and stalled out got it started again and ran poorly back to dock bogged down .....put in neutural and stalled and would not start again. checked it out found gas not coming out of fuel pump replaced fuel pump and still no fuel coming out while cranking. fuel does flow through when squeezing ball. also checked for vacumn present at port before installing new pump there was vacumn present . checked fuel lines for damage and found none any help would be appreciated thanks
    vic

use an aux tank,hose and ball hooked to motor filter to isolate issue

Comment

good idea yes thanks I thought i would try that next

Comment

I am a maintenance supervisor for a large shop that services everything from D-8 dozers to chain saws. I run into alot pf problems with fuel line in all of my 2 stroke gas engines. The line collapses internally. Pumping the ball will force fuel through the line but when the motors pump trys to pull it up thereby creating a suctioning effect the hose will collapse. Just something to be aware of. good luck!

Comment

-thanks for the insight have not had time to mess with it will try tommorrow if hose is collapsing internally can this be seen from the outside ?

Comment

F Y I replaced fuel pump , new ball and new fuel ines from tank to engine .
            engine now runs properly . though you could not see evidence of any damage, evidently something was not right . thanks again for your thoughts. hope to be back on the water soon

Comment

Working...
            X