Oil leaking from intake silencer ox66

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil leaking from intake silencer ox66

I've recently noticed more smoke than normal at idle and sheen on the water. So I did some research on the symptoms and found that its more than likely the low pressure fuel pumps (3) on the 250. When I did the replacement on the lp pumps I noticed there was oil leaking from the intake silencer. I've run the motor for a few hours after after replacing the lp pumps, it was windy so hard to tell if the smoking improved but I noticed the oil is still leaking. I did have the motor trimmed up for transport. Not sure what is causing this?
    Last edited by lsuriot; 07-12-2011, 04:47 PM.

I can't speak for the OX66, but my 90HP Yamaha premix motor always has a couple of teaspoons of outboard motor oil in the silencer box. When I remove the silencer I have to pour it out. Not sure how or why, but it's always in there.

Comment

I believe a little oilly premix in the silencer is typical of most 2-strokes. They spit a bit with throttle changes. That smoke could be several things including the LP fuel pumps. Did you confirm that they were leaking?
      1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
      1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

Working...
      X