2001 F25 20” Tiller, Warning light (no buzzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 F25 20” Tiller, Warning light (no buzzer

This is a new to me motor. Brief history, I was told it was off a tender on a yacht, very low hours looks super clean on the inside. The guy I bought it from said the carb needed to be rebuilt due to no use. So he rebuild the carb and put on an older fuel filter he had laying around (he buys and fixes up outboards as a side job). I ran it last night for the first time and after about 10 minutes of running I stopped and let the motor idle and about 5 minutes later the warning light came on. Shut off the motor, restarted no light, headed back to the ramp no light. Set off again at speed ran great then went into about a 7 to 10 minute idle…light again. Shut off, restart head back to the ramp, no light idled at the ramp for 10 minutes no light, headed back out for 20 minutes no light??!?!
    The impeller looks to flow enough water to put out a fire, tons of flow.
    The manual says if the light comes on due to overheating or low oil pressure the motor will drop to 2,000 RPM’s. The light never came on when I was on plane, so I did not experience the drop…any suggestions on where to start trouble shooting??

Thanks
    Jamie
Working...
X