2009 15 HP F15CELH surging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 15 HP F15CELH surging

I have a 2009 that starts great; runs WOT great, and idles great. When I use it to ***** with on my 17.5 foot G3, it surges and won't hold speed. It sounds as though it runs lean and then gets enough fuel and runs smooth. Then it starts slowing down and runs rough again. Possibly on one cylinder? New plugs don’t make a difference.
    Thanks

May be fuel restriction or air leak in fuel hoses, fittings or pickup. Mayneed to have carb cleaned.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Kit vs. single part

Where can I obtain a carburetor rebuild kit rather than buying by the piece? In addition, would this be considered a warranty item or simple wear and tear? Thank You

Comment

If it is still under warranty I would take to the Yamaha service and let them find out what the problem is, and you do not want to make that void by something you do to it.
        If bad fuel, trash, or air leak I do not think warranty will cover it though

I would not buy a kit as you normally do not need it all,
        Being a 4 stroke you probably do not have the equipment to set the carbs after cleaning anyway

Comment

My Yamaha service manuals showed up Friday. I took the Carburetor apart, blew out all of the ports, set everything to the specs in the manual, flushed the fuel lines, and put everything back together. Went out on Lake Michigan Saturday and it ran like a champion. Could have been dirt, water in the fuel, or an adjustment. Whatever it was, the manual paid for itself. Thanks to all for the direction to take. God does answer prayers.

Comment

Working...
          X