Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F150 Prop Question on Bass Boat

Hey guys,

I'm currently running a 23" ballistic ss prop on my SX190 Skeeter. Top speed is 97km/h (60mph) GPS @ 5600rpm. My question is whether it's worth looking at 22" props to gain a bit more holeshot and getting the WOT revs closer to the 6000rpm redline. Is the increase in RPMs likely to counteract the 1" less pitch at full speed? Or is what I've got optimal in your opinion?

Here in Australia the Bass boat scene is dominated by Etecs and Optis so hopefully you guys can help. None of the Yammie dealers here stock props beyond 19" so unfortunately testing before buying isn't an option

Many thanks,
    Lucas

does your current prop have have blow out holes at the base of each prop blade?

Comment

Yep, they helped with holeshot quite a bit but is still quite sluggish out of the hole with a full load.

Comment

I don't think your problem is 23, I think it's the Ballistic.
        I am very pleased with a 23 Tempest on a 187 Champion.

Comment

Although I do believe my last answer about a 23 Tempest was correct, I wish I had asked for more info first.

Do you have a water pressure gauge and if so what are you running?
          Are you using a jackplate?
          Do you know where your motor is mounted with regard to the measurement of prop shaft in relation to pad?
          Is your 60mph @5600 speedo or GPS?

Comment

I think a 23 Tempest will work better for you

Comment

Dont limit yourself to Yamaha props, although I do have several Yamaha props the one that works the best for all around use is a Trophy Plus 26inch which is a Mercury Prop. Are you in Melbourne?

Comment

Working...
              X