Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2005 f250's water pressure gauge problems!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 f250's water pressure gauge problems!!!

So my water pressure gauges have quit working. I took both the gauges off the boat and applied alittle air pressure to them and the gauges work fine. I then unscrewed them from the engine block and blew the lines out. Still the boat shows no water pressure. I installed new water pump kits and still no pressure???? Any help on my next move would be great!

remove the adapter fitting from the lower stbd cam cover.
    start the engine and check for water.
    at idle on the muffs there wont be much pressure.

Comment

what if no water coming out where to look? Can I run engines with boat in the water?

Comment

there is an aluminimum block on the stbd lower side of the cam covers.
        that is where the water pressure pick off comes from.
        if no water is there follow the tube back to the block fitting.
        if water is there then its in the tube between there and the guage.
        see how simple this is?
        I wish spelling were as easy.

Comment

90 degree fitting

where the water comes out of the engine to the tube that goes to your water pressure gauge, there is a brass 90 degree fitting. It is a push in, pull out (not threaded). Take some pliers and pull the fitting off the engine. I can almost guarantee that either the 90 degree fitting or the hole where the fitting goes into the engine, is clogged with salt and or debris. This exact thing has happend to me several times even after flushing the engine liberally right after a fishing trip.

Comment

help needed

There is not any water coming out of the block for the water pressure tube. I removed the aluminium block the hose too all the way back to the block. I even probed the tube coming out of the block with a wire to see if it was/has blockage. Where to look next or what to do. Should i try air pressure or white vinagar bath to free up the blockage?

Comment

Working...
            X