Oil Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pump

I have a 2006 VMAX hpdi 225 on a 2006 ZX225. Starting this year I have lost 400 rpms at the very top end. I was running around 5800 now I am running around 5400. No codes are showing up on the computer, plugs look great, had an injector cleaning done on the engine 5 hours ago. The only thing that is found is that the seal around the oil pump shaft is leaking oil everywhere, so it seems the engine is running too much oil. Could this be causing my loss of top end. The engine only has 112 hours. I have to get a new oil pump now and it has already had the recall done on it, so now this is going to be the 3rd oil pump. Any ideas?

not the oil pump.
    and the shaft seal is replaceable.
    typiccally if oil is in the pan its NOT the shaft seal but the body oring.
    most likly cut from previous replacement.
    IF and only IF a pump replacement is nessasary use the 90891 part number.
    its half the price of the other number for the same pump.
    the RPM loss will either be fuel pressure or a hull issue.

Comment

Im in need of info and it has to do with the oil pump. I bought a 1999 30elrx and it has a cracked cylinder head so I need to replace the crank assembly. Im wondering if I can buy the non oil injection assembly and go with premix. Will the non oil injection parts fit on the lower unit?Do they have the same bolt pattern? If so i will buy those parts (they are half price that the oil inj parts are) and convert to premix. HELP!!!!

Comment

I guess I am confused. I have the boat sitting in a yamaha shop now and the mechanic is the one telling me that you cannot replace the seal. I thought if there was any kind of fuel pressure loss, it would throw a code on the computer? As far as the hull, nothing has changed on the hull, i.e. I have not hit anything or damaged it in any way that would warrant some kind of performance loss. Just trying to understand the issue I am having and get it fixed, just gets stressful when something is wrong with the boat, you know.

Comment

Working...
        X