Getting oil out motor tank on 2000 90tlry 2stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting oil out motor tank on 2000 90tlry 2stroke

Ok so I bought 8 gallons of oil at Cabelas there having a screaming sale $10bucks semi syn. Id like to dump lubramatic 2stroke oil and get something that wont carbon up. Just put new plugs in and plan on keeping them that way. Should I disconnect tank and clean it out or just pump out oil dump new stuff in. Is cleaning out this screen that big deal. Just bought this boat used and have not been on lake yet

Originally posted by 200090tlry View Post
    Ok so I bought 8 gallons of oil at Cabelas there having a screaming sale $10bucks semi syn. Id like to dump lubramatic 2stroke oil and get something that wont carbon up. Just put new plugs in and plan on keeping them that way. Should I disconnect tank and clean it out or just pump out oil dump new stuff in. Is cleaning out this screen that big deal. Just bought this boat used and have not been on lake yet
    Dump it/drain it, put in the new stuff, but it's not going to matter much, carbon-wise, to just use up the Lubramatic that's in your tank. Use the Yamaha Ringfree all the time for carbon prevention. Good luck!

Comment

200090tlry

I'm with robert graham and wouldn't bother emptying. Just run it down but not out and add the new stuff. These engines run less than 6:1 compression and I suspect will burn cat piss. Seems seasonal storage, old fuel and ethanol attack are bigger issues that crap up the carbs and cause problems. Oil doesn't share those issues. Besides, the time spent burning it in the engine is cheaper, more fun and less risk than emptying it from the tank.

Comment

I would drain it and clean it along with the lines and test alarm system and the oil flow for proper amount flowing if you do not know anything about this motor. Always better to be safe than sorry if it had a problem and you did not know it.

Comment

Working...
        X