F25 prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F25 prop

Hi, I am new to this forum and I am not sure that I am posting this correctly. I have an F25 and wan to select the correct prop for it. The boat is one that I am building. It is 21 feet, semidisplacement hull, 7.5 beam, 5 wide at the tranny, motor in a well. The name of the boat is Nina designed by Bateau.com. 2,000 pounds fully loaded.
    tuckerboy

sounds like way too much boat for a little F25. but that is just my opinion

Comment

If this is a sailboat type design and your 25HP motor is just for auxiliary power, then you may want to check into a High-Thrust type prop made especially for that type application, but I have no idea regarding pitch,diameter, etc....better check at a boat shop. Good Luck!

Comment

the F25 and the T25 use very different gearcases and props.
        the F25 props wont interchange with the T25.
        correct prop is going to be the one that allows the engine to the upper part of its operating range.
        the T25 would be a better choice for barge pushing.

Comment

F25 prop

The boat is not a barge, sorry I did not explain better, it is a version of the Handy Billy as designed by Harry Bryan and the Ninegret by Atkins. Both are easily driven hulls that function well with a 25 hp motor and deliver cruising speeds exceeding hull speed in the range of 15mph. I just want to be sure that I use the appropriate prop to get peak operating range. I will check in the Nature of Boats where I think they have a section on choosing the correct prop.
          tuckerboy

Comment

Working...
          X