V-max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-max

I am a new member and need advice about my 1999 V-max 200. I bought the a bay boat-Pathfinder with this 2 stroke just recently. The test ride was great and the engine started and got up to speed easily. The previous owner said he only ran marine grade fuel.
    After I got it home, we sent out fishing, and at first the engine ran like a top. On our last run, using gas from the local corner gas station, the engine started to sputter on the way home. Now, it will barely start, lasts about two minutes of idle, then wants to die out, especially when you try to rev it, or in gear. I changed the water-fuel separater, on-engine fuel filter and fuel line bulb, since the bulb doesn't seem to stay firm like other boats I've had.
    Here's the question-- Does this sound like a clogged fuel line, since the engine seems starved for fuel; an ethanol problem after only 35 gal of gas; or, could this be a fuel pump problem? ANY advice would be appreciated, before I spend huge bucks at the local dealer. Thanks !!

we need a full model number before any of us can hold an intelligent conversation.

Comment

OK It is 066 VX200TLRY.

Comment

thats a 3.1L OX66 that does not use CCS.
        most likly the fuel pumps are bad or the vapor seperator filter is clogged, or both.
        make sure you find a dealer with some training.
        if the dealership cannot show certificates for at least fuel and electrical schools, leave.

Comment

Sorry, but what is CCS ?

Comment

the OX66 3.1L engines were built in two basic configurations.
            the saltwater series used a system call Controled Combustion System. short is CCS.
            the Vmax series did not use this system.
            basically Vmax engines typically are used on bass boats and flats boats.
            these hulls typically dont ***** much.
            the CCS system shuts off cyl#5 from idle RPM to about 2000 RPM and shuts off cyl2 from about 850 RPM to about 2000 RPM.
            cant tell you how many techs have chased an ign issue on CCS engines cause they simply did not understand it was working as designed.
            its also why I like model numbers, it allows me to have coherent conversations.

Comment

v-max

many thanks; you know your stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by alan@fan View Post
                Does this sound like a clogged fuel line, since the engine seems starved for fuel; an ethanol problem after only 35 gal of gas; or, could this be a fuel pump problem? ANY advice would be appreciated, before I spend huge bucks at the local dealer. Thanks !!
                If this is the 1st e gas it has received then it maybe cleaning the fuel tanks and lines residue and plugging the internal filters and screens if it has any with the residue. Just a thought as I have read about switching fuels

Comment

Working...
                X