2005 yamaha115 hp 4-stroke wiring diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 yamaha115 hp 4-stroke wiring diagram

i have a boat that has its gas gauge wired to a toggle switch ,which has to be turned on in order for the gauge to work.i would like to have the gauge come on ,and off with the ignition switch. any rewiring help would be great. ted burdacki

there is a purple wire coming from key switch that should go to your tach..jump your wire to that wire at the tach.

Comment

reply to gauge wiring thread

so i just connect a wire from the purple wire on the tach to the ignition terminal on the gas gauge,and thats it? thankyou tedburdacki

Comment

NO NO NO
        DO NOT randomly start changing wires.
        Yamaha does NOT use purple for any 10 pin main functions.
        the HULL rigging is NOT anything connected with yamaha.
        no one on this board knows HOW someone rigged that toggle switch.
        is it rigged through the senders? common on twin tank single gauge applications, or is it rigged through the ground side or ign side of the guage?
        typical single tank single guage wiring for yamaha rigged systems would be yellow to the guage IGN terminal,black to the Grnd terminal and the tank send wire to the S terminal. BIA standard is tank send is pink but you will have to look.
        for back ligts the guage lighting harness has a dark blue, thats for lights or you can wire the guage lamp into your nav lamp switch.

Comment

Rod is correct..i have a purple wire that feeds all my gauges with ignition power, yours may be different..but it does come off of the Tach power, so whatever color your tach 12V+ is, it should be good to power your fuel gauge with. then I have another power wire that runs off of the running light power toggle that lights my gauges up when I turn my lights on. same ground is used for all. also if a previous owner has done some custom rigging, there is no telling what you have going on.

Comment

sparkie.
            thats the problem.
            every mobile marine wingnut and everyones sisters ex husbands cousin that managed to make a 53 ford tractor run once is a marine electrical guru.
            you would not belive the stuff that comes through, stern drives are typically the worst.
            some hull manufactures have a fuel tank level select switch even though the optional aux tank isnt there.
            however toggle switched fuel gauges are NOT the normal way.
            anytime I suspect jury rigging the ONLY way to figgure it out is to physically look at it.
            I posted 3 ways that the guage COULD be wired.
            there are at least 2 more I did not post.

Comment

roger that ..i have seen some real stuff in my days as well.

Comment

Working...
              X