X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Info. on general tune up for 2000, V Max 200 OX66

Hello,

1st time here on the board.

I am considering doing a general tune up on my 2000 Yamaha 200 hp OX66 V max and was hoping I could get some tips on where to start.

I have never done any work on the outboard myself, I've always taken it to the dealer. I'm not much of an engine mechanic but do have mechanical ability. I would like to start with the plugs, wires and fuel filter. I would also like to change the water pump impeller and other associated parts.

If anyone could direct me to a web site where I might find step by step instructions on doing such maintanence I would be greatfull. Part numbers would also be great.

I know this might be asking a lot, and I appreciate any help I may get here. I'm trying to save some money by working on the outboard myself.

Thanks,

paskeeter

If your going to start doing some of your own work you really should buy a repair manual for for motor.

Comment

change plugs, drain motor fuel filter, no need for wires,change water seperator,grease all fittings, check tilt/trim fluid,change lower unit oil and waterpump,including housing.I would clean o2 sensor and tube as they get clogged up with carbon. either get a manual or view it/print it online @ yamaha-motor.com or here.

Comment

Thanks. I will order the manual shortly, I have no idea where my original got to.

Hope you all have great times on the water.

paskeeter

Comment

Working...
        X