Tilt and trim relay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilt and trim relay

1991 ProV150. Always goes up, but down does not work at times. The switch I use does not matter so it has to be the relay? My manual shows 2 exposed round relays with 3 posts each and wires. My relays are in a 3X3 inch box approximately 1 1/4 inch deep that mounts on the side of the motor. It looks like the box itself is made for my motor. but my motor was overhauled before I bought it and perhaps this was a rigged replacement. It appears from the wiring that it is not factory, and like I said the relays do not look like the picture in my repair manual. My 2 relays inside the box are approximately 1 inch square enclosed plastic with exposed blade connections. The "up" relay has the back side missing and you can see the inside copper workings. It is actually working, but has the back side off that would have the part number. It has slightly different connections than the 'down" relay.
    The 'down' relay is enclose. I think it works erratically and is the problem. I was thinking to replace it and see if that fixes the problem. The back of this "down" relay has the numbers 12V 40, 4rd 960-388-16. Do you recognize this number and what motor it goes with, if not mine.
    1991 Kingfisher 179. Yamaha ProV 150, P150TLRP,Ser#352453, code 6J9L, eng#038614. prop-SS. 25-M.

Probably someone has replaced the trim motor and used an aftermarket 2 wire trim motor and it came with with trim relays to convert it from the original 3 wire trim motor to the newer 2 wire trim motors, may be a ARCO or a MES trim motor, may be able to match relay at a marine dealership.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X