Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analogue tachometer wiring.

Hi there.

Hope someone can help me with my problem. I bought a second hand 115 oil injection motor. The wiring was butchered a bit and I am batteling to get the tachometer sorted out. The original Yamaha plugs have been changed so all I have to work with is wire colours. On the tachometer there is a Green and Black wire going to the tachometer circuitry and on the iol indication(lamps) there is the following colour wires, Black-common to all lamps(I suppose it is ground),Red-oil low lamp, Green-oil full lamp, Yellow-oil can lamp(Not sure why they have this lamp, suppose it is to show when the ignition is on and that there is power to the lamps).

On the motor the only spare wires is Green/Red stripe, Yellow/Red stripe, Yellow, Green/Black stripe. Which colour wire goes to the signal of the tachometer(Is it the green in the main harness?) What voltage is the signal that goes to the tachometer at idle? Also which wires goes to the oil indication lamps on the tachometer? Your help will be greatly appreciated

Regards.

See if this helps.
    Analog704Wiring.JPG
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X