8 HP Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 HP Maintenance

In addition to fogging the carburator, is it advisable to spray fogging oil into the cylinders via the spark plug holes when laying a Yamaha 8 hp 2-stroke outboard up for the winter?

That's a very good idea and no reason not to. After you spray fogging oil into spark plug holes, replace plugs and crank motor over a few times to help work the oil down into the cylinders and piston rings. Also, drain all the fuel out of your carb so it can't gum up carb while it's sitting. Good Luck!

Comment

8 HP Maintenance

Thanks for the advice. I ran stablized fuel through the engine and fogged the carburator, i.e. stalled it with fogging oil. Not being an engine whiz, would I also drain the fuel by decoupling the fuel filter and allowing the fuel to run out from the hose?. Thanks, Alec

Comment

Drain carb float bowl chamber, because water and debris can tend to collect there and give your carb jets a bad time when you crank up in the spring. Also a good idea to drain any fuel lines from tank to motor. Sounds like you're doing a lot of the right things to maintain your motor in great running condition. Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
        X