1991 200hp PB yamahas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 200hp PB yamahas

Guys new to the site and looking for some help.

I am looking at a 25' Grady White with Twin 200hp PB yamahas (1991) on the back. I dont really know much about the older yamahas as far as quality, longevity, and common problems. Any information about things to look for or problems with this motors would be greatly appreciated. Basically any experience or info.

Thanks

Dan

19 yrs old, most likely used in salt water, i wouldnt place TOO much faith in them
    do a comp check,pressure test lower unit and run it under load for at least 30 mins if possible
    in PERfect cond maybe 5k for the pair

Comment

Just curious.... If they werent run in saltwater...(I dont believe they were - Lake Erie boat)... How much does that change the reliablity of these engines

Comment

Woodworker,
        What does PB mean? Let us know how the com check goes. Are they premixed or have an oil pump? If they've been in fresh water, and the previous owner kept the carbon buildup under control, you may have good engines. Really anxious to hear how these old girs checked out.
        1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
        1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

They are the Precision Blend.... I dont know if they are oil injected or not.... If they arent I am not very interested b/c of the possibility of being run on a lean mixture is all too real... I will only be checking these out if I can sell my Lund Mr. Pike 16'

Comment

Anyone ever use this product to replace a shift rod.... they claim you dont have to remove the powerhead using this...

Shift Shaft: The Quick Change Replacement for Shifting Shafts

Any other issues out there with these engines I need to know about?

Thanks
            Dan

Comment

Working...
            X