yamaha 225 overheat spike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha 225 overheat spike

Hi I have a 225 hp, about 2007 model (model #f225 TXRC). The motor has less than 100 hours on it and runs well except that after running at speed for a while and then coming back to idle the overheat alarm sounds. After turning the motor off then immediatly restarting the alarm is off, the motor will go up to speed again with no further problem until going back to idle again then after a minute at idle the alarm goes off again. The local sea water temp here in the Philippines is fairly high so I am wondering if the alarm setting can be raised slightly ( the engine is set up with gauges) or the problem may be not as simple to fix. Will appreciate any replies , thanks

Are you sure it is a temperature alarm that is happening?

If so,I would pull and test the temp switches and thermostats to make sure they are doing their thing at the proper temp. and pull and check the PRV to make sure it is not stuck open.

Comment

thank you

thank you for your reply and I am sorry I did not immediatly reply but I have been out of internet coverage for a while. Sir what is a "PRV" , what does it do and where on the engine is it located? thanks again for your advice.

Comment

Working...
      X