Worth the money, or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth the money, or not

Hi everyone! I own a Maycraft 2000 open fisherman 20 footer with a 1998 Yamaha 200 HP outboard. I noticed that the boat engine struggles a lot to come to plane from a dead stop. The more people the worse it gets. Reading different sources I came accross an add of a part made by SE sport which claims to reduce the time the boat gets on plane. The company claims that it helps the boat get on plane faster, saves fuel etc. Does anyone have used or heard about this product? The product looks like a fin that installs on top of the propeller area on the lower unit and runs parallel to the surface of the water. The website is sesport.com. I appreciate the opportunity to post this question and any feed back I may get. Alternate solutions are also welcome.
    Thanks,
    Sev

I've used different types of fins and have never liked them. I have a 20' GW center console with a 150 and just put trim tabs on. She pops right up on plane. That 200 should put that boat right on top of the water. You sure you don't have any other issues?
    1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
    1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Actually when I first got the boat, it had issues with the fuel tank and carburators. That got taken care off plus new spark plugs and compression check readings were better than expected for an engine that old. It really runs nice and powerfull once it gets on plane. I remember i had an old 1962 Stamas 19 footer with a 150 Hp Johnson years ago back in the early 80's and it had a much better accelaration. The Yamaha outboard mechanic suggested also trim tabs. That may be the way to go. Thanks for your feed back.
      Good fishing!

Comment

Working...
      X