Injector help needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injector help needed.

Twin 2001 150 HPDI's - Port motor starts to loose RPM's (2000+ drop) when it hits 5000 RPM. Used the YDS software and got the code for injector. Cleared the code, duplicated the problem, and then no more code. I have narrowed it down to an injector because I switched out the VST tanks and have the same prob in the same motor. So I have eliminated a fuel pump prob.

Questions:
    How do I tell which injector is giving me the problem?
    What are my options? I know that I can send them out (If I can get them all out of the case).

I'm open for suggestions
    Insufficient Fund$ II - 26' Paramount, twin Yamaha 150 HPDI's
    Sometimes you eat the bear, Sometimes the bear eats you!

Best to send them all out to be rebuilt, running that engine lean on fuel is far worse than the expense of rebuilding all the injectors.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

OK, here is the outcome:

Injectors: Injector Rehab is CRAP. Not only did they ruin the gaskets and o-rings that I sent them with my injectors, but they DID NOT replace them as their website states. They sent back 2 injectors that were dead (according to them). Sent those 2 out to my local guy and they are fine (after buying 2 new ones $600) Thanks for nothing!

Engine problems: Found out that the mechanical fuel pump diaphams were torn (probably due to Ethanol). Replaced the pumps and everything works fine. Spent $1200 for a problem that was fixed for $100. I love being a boat owner.
      Insufficient Fund$ II - 26' Paramount, twin Yamaha 150 HPDI's
      Sometimes you eat the bear, Sometimes the bear eats you!

Comment

acronym for B.O.A.T

Bust open another thousand

but in your case 2k oh well

Comment

I am having the same problem with one of my 2001 150HPDI motors, do you know what the part # is for the mechanical fuel pump that you replaced? Thanks for any help you could give me.

Comment

Working...
          X