Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150 engine flushing modification

Hi

I Have a v6 150 , 2 stroke / carb motor and i would like to add an engine flushing modification to the motor.

These motors do not come out the sea and thus hardly ever get flushed.The only time they get a decent flush is when we pull the boat out for anti fouling.

Has anyone done a mod were one can mount a outside flushing connector like on the new outboards

I have both my motors completely stripped down for inspection and if there is a mod availible , now is the time to do it.

Hats of to Yamaha as well. These motors come of a commercial fishing boat , they are ten years old , they have been flushed three times in the last three years and before that only when the comercial boat was anti fouled.

There is ZERO carbon build up on the piston(in relation to the age/use) and Zero carbon build up on the heads. The salwater corrosion in the heads and water jackets is minimal for the lack of fresh water flushing

Any advise wrt the flushing mod would be appreciated

Rgds

Robert

You can flush on the water with muffs......

Comment

I am aware of that , but I have a chain mooring and no access to pressurized fresh water.

My intension is to take 50 L of fresh water with me, and use my live bait well pump to pump the fresh water through the motor.

I know its not perfect , but something is better than nothing

Comment

You would have to replace the exhaust adapter thats below powerhead to convert.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

You can flush with the muff with one of those winterizing cubes from West Marine. I add some Salt Away to it and set it atop the motor or high on the transom to help gravity feed.

Comment

Dumb blonde question....

do you trim the motor up out of the water to flush , or do you use the muffs underwater ?

Comment

I use the muffs underwater. Since my motors are carbed, I don't think the carbs like running all the way tilted.

Comment

Working...
              X