1998 9.9 electric start problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 9.9 electric start problem

Was running fine just stopped. Will not fire? Changed fuel filter and it was dry. When I pump bulb there is no gas smell.and bulb never gets frim. Gas from tank to motor OK.
    What next?? Thanks

Wayne-

I guess I don't understand what you mean when you say, "Gas from tank to motor OK", especially when you in indicate your fuel filter remains dry and you can't get the prime bulb to firm up. Could you clarify that please?

My inclination (possibly affected by the answer to the question above) is that you have a bad O-ring in one of your fuel line connectors, either at the tank or the motor, or more likely a bad priming bulb. Be sure you hold the primimg bulb in a vertical position when trying to prime.

John

Comment

wayne,
      When you pump the fuel line bulb, the fuel should pump from the remote tank and fill up the fuel filter and the bulb should get hard.
      Check the remote tank vent - make sure it is open. Also, you might have to pull the fuel pickup tube in the remote tank - or try another tank with same hose to isolate the problem. Could be a bad hose connection or bulb.
      Good luck,
      Ken K

Comment

If I take gas hose off motor I can spry gas with the bulb.
        When I canged the fuel filter it was amost dry as if gas was not getting to the filter.
        Gas tank suplies both motors and big motor runs fine.
        Will try bulb in vertical position.
        Motor is firing when I hit starter.

Comment

wayne,
          Pull the fuel hose off the filter input, and see if you can get fuel to that point by squeezing the bulb - sounds like the hose connection on the little motor is plugged up.
          Ken K

Comment

Working...
          X