• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tach adapter harness - which one?

Hi all.
    I have a 2003 Z150TXRB HPDI.

I have a 6Y5-8350T-82-00 Tachometer.

Can anyone tell me what adapter harness I need? (part # please)
    Gracias!

No adapters are needed. The wire harness between tach and engine is part number 68F-82553-90-00 and harness between key switch and tach is part number 6Y5-83553-N0-00.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you for the post. I have the harness running from the engine to the tach, but coming from the ignition I have only the Yellow, Black, and Green wires. The tach has has 2 square connectors, and the Yellow, Black, Green, Blue pigtails. My trim bars on the gauge are all the way at the top and are flashing.
      Any tips are appreciated.
      Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by billclark View Post
        Thank you for the post. I have the harness running from the engine to the tach, but coming from the ignition I have only the Yellow, Black, and Green wires. The tach has has 2 square connectors, and the Yellow, Black, Green, Blue pigtails. My trim bars on the gauge are all the way at the top and are flashing.
        Any tips are appreciated.
        Thanks!!!!!
        I've also learned that I have a wiring harness for the "newer" yamaha tach. Apparently my tach is an "older" model event though it was purchased new.
        So to summarize, I have:
        -Older tach (apparently) (6Y5-8350T-82-00) what is the "newer" tach part#?
        -Wiring harness to the my motor for a "newer" tach.

What do I do? Get a "newer" tach or get and older harness?

What a PITA this has become.
        Thanks.

Comment

6Y5-8350T-82-00 is the correct tach for 1994-2004 motors. It should have two off white colored square connectors on back of tach.
          6Y5-81_-82 TachID.JPG
          The harness for that tach is part number 68F-82553-90-00 which has the two square connectors that will plug into motor and to tach.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X