Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha 200 boggs when getting out of hole.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 200 boggs when getting out of hole.

Can someone help with this. I have a Yamaha 200 1994. When trying to get up on plane the motor boggs down and will not plane out. if it does get out and up on plane it will it will bogg down like you have the choke on. here are the tests I have done so far. I first thought it was the spark plugs. While testing the plugs I found the #4 is not firing. I swapped one of the other plugs that was working fine and it would not fire either. the plug wire ran back to a small black box before going to power pack, I swapped that as well with same result. #4 still not firing. Does anyone have any suggestions. anything would be great.

Need to test output voltage of pulsor coils, charge coil and CDI output. Test spark plug caps on coil wire. You will need a service manual and peak reading voltmeter for ignition test.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I helped him do some tests and We know its just in that cylinder and its not the output coil or the wire from the coil to the spark plug and we know its not the spark plug. We swapped coils and spark plugs to different cylinders where we had spark for sure. No matter what no spark at #4 . I dont have a manual and Im not that familiar with Yama Hammers . So as getting into it any further I really didnt know what to check next the feed wire coming from the CDI box I think is waht its called looked good So what tests is there for the CDI box. Tell us what we need to check next if someone could. Hes just got a dead hole. Also there was fresh wet fuel on the plug even after I changed it to one we knew was good and idled the engine for 45 seconds or so. I thought it might be the carb, but Im pretty sure its not that. Is what you are calling the pulser coil is it up in around the stator and trigger like some other brands of outboards have?

Comment

Yes, the pulsar is used for triggering, charge coil is into CDI and then you measure CDI output.
        Like he said get a manual it will step you through the testing,
        a peak reading voltmeter or a DVA adapter for your DMM is a must to get the proper readings

Comment

you said youre not sure if its not the carb ??

you DID pull the plug out and verify no spark, right?? or on a jumper??

if you just pulled wire while running, a dirty carb will have similar results, no change in rpm/sound

Comment

Working...
          X