yamaha temp gauge wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha temp gauge wiring

I have installed a new Yamaha water temperature gauge on my boat and I need help with the wiring.
    The engine is a 2004 Yamaha vx200tlrc. I purchased a Yamaha Pro Series II water temperature gauge, part # 6Y7-83590-00-00, along with Yamaha temperature sender part # 688-83591-00-00.

I installed the temp gauge in my boat but when I went to install the temperature sender in the engine, the engine already had a temperature sender installed on the top of the starboard cylinder head, apparently for the engine control module. The port cylinder head would be a good option for the temp sender but it is already being used for the water pressure gauge.

My question is can I somehow utilize the temperature sender that is already in place that feeds into the engine control module. There is a blue wire with a rubber plug on the starboard side of the engine leading from the ECM. I'm not sure but this could be the temperature sender output from the ECM to hook up a temperature gauge.
    Thanks,
    Captain Beers

Remove the plug just behind engine temp sensor and install gauge temp sender in that hole.
    V4-V6 WaterPressureport.JPG
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      Remove the plug just behind engine temp sensor and install gauge temp sender in that hole.
      [ATTACH]250[/ATTACH]
      I kno this was posted a long while back, but would this only give u the temp of the water before it entered the head and not a true head temp?

Comment

depends on the engine.
        the 3.1L has a different flow path than the 2.6L.
        however all that aside.
        the stbd side plug is where the Yamaha engineers say to install the temp sender.
        thats usually enough for me.

Comment

Working...
        X