I Messed Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Messed Up

I'm an experienced boater, living in south louisiana and I new better, but I did it anyway. When fuel went to $4.00 a gallon and the snapper limit went to 2, I got frustrated and neglected my twin 1999, 200 HPDI Yamaha engines. When I put them up I did put stabil but it was the red and I'm not sure if ethanol had hit down here yet.
    I've gotten into scuba diving and want to get the boat going again to do some spearfishing. I am 100% sure I have a varnish problem, because I can smell it. I took the motors off my main fuel tank and put them on a small tank of mixed fuel. I drained the vapor separator of all fuel and cleaned the inline fuel filter (removed fuel).
    After pumping fuel back into the motor and getting a hard bulb I tried to start the motor. I know the bulb doesn't matter on a fuel injected motor, but the motor won't start.
    I'm reading about high pressure in my service Manuel, but this is where my ability starts to get fuzzy. I'm pretty good with directions and can probably pull this off, but can anyone tell me if I'm missing something when it comes to a varnished fuel injection system?
    I really want to be ready this year and I have started early, the fish are calling, I can here them! (Just joking, I'm not a fish whisperer)
    dcajun

Yes you would need to test fuel pressure from vapor separator tank(VST). If you don't hear electric fuel pump inside vapopr tank run when first turn key on then you would need to clean VST and possible replace fuel pump.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X