Yamaha info to my Northstar M84 display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha info to my Northstar M84 display

Hey everybody, I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I have 2006 twin yamaha's with square command link gauges and getting ready to install a new multi-function display. Is there a pig tail I can use to transmit my data to the M84? And if it's hardwired were do the wires go. Thanks for reading my problem and thanks a lot if you can help.

Tight lines
    Bob
    ><{}{}{}{}'>------

If you want the Northstar to display engine data you will need a NMEA 2000 gateway to link Command Link to the NMEA 2000 network. Here is information on Gateway along with part number.
    O2009_014.pdf
    If you just want the Command Link to display GPS speed instead of pressure sensor on engine then connect the Blue(-) and white(+) wires from speedometer to NMEA 0183 output of GPS
    WiringCLSingle.JPG
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you

On that gateway will it matter if the M84 is 0183. It doesn't use NMEA 2000. I was told that my engines talk in 0183. So are the command link talk in 2000. I know I should be up to speed on this but as you can see I'm not. I'd send ya the M84 manual but it's too big.

V/r
      gunz

Comment

If the Northstar is not NMEA 2000 then you wont be able display engine data on it not even with Gateway. Command Link does use NMEA 2000 for engine data.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

oh well

Well I guess that puts an end to that boat improvement. Thanks for the advice. Is there another product that people use to convert from 2000 to 0183?

Bob

Comment

Working...
          X