V6 Excell lower unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V6 Excell lower unit

Hi. About the old 220 Excell. What is the tooth number of the forward gear and the pinion? The gear ratio is 1.73:1, isn't it? Is there 26 teeth in the gear and 15 in the pinion? If someone has good used ones for sale please make me an offer. Does boats.net have new ones? Are they 6G7?

Thanks

The gear ratio is 1.80:1. Here is parts list for a 1989 20 inch shaft length V6 Excell. Yamaha Outboard Parts 1989 V6 EXCEL LF LOWER DRIVE 1 Diagram
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

6k7

Hi. I meant 6K7. Sorry. What was the year when Yamaha sold 1.73 lower units? Sometime in the 80's.

Thanks

Comment

Not sure what model or year may have had a 1.73:1 gear ratio, all of the V6 I remember were around a 1.80 or 2.00.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Old Excell lower unit

Hi. I have now received 6G7 gears and a pinion. They are 1,73 - 15:26. But there's a new problem. I have lost a tool. Can't find the backlash indicator to double check the shimming. Could someone please have a look at the indicator to see what the distance is from driveshaft surface to the mark on the indicator. I want to fabricate that to get the job done asap.

Thanks.

Comment

It's about 42mm from center on drive shaft to set point on tool.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X