Yamaha 50TLRC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 50TLRC

Ok people, I have the motor above. I went to go start the motor up and nothing. The dash doesnt even have power to it. So I checked the battery. Yes it was alittle low, So I charged it. Once charged I tried to crank and nothing. It shows no power any where. I start chasing down fuses. I found a blown one, next to the silinoid. There is this power pack or something by it with the blown fuse. Not sure what its name is. I changed the fuse out and went to start it and it cranked over and blew the fuse again. How do I even start tring to find a short some where or a ground issue. Has anyone had this issue happen to them. I need some help.

Thanks,
    Ronnie

Start unplugging and disconnecting things tied in below the fuse and see when the problem disappears. a meter and a manual would help.

Comment

The battery is completly charged and works cause I can get the jack plate to work. I disconnected the wires going to the battery and nothing looks to be wrong. I reconnected them and nothing. Ihave to get a volatge meter. Thanks for the info. Im going to try to use the meter to se where my problem might lye

Comment

yamaha 50 TLRC

boat.jpg
        Ok I checked alot of wires, from the battery to the solinod. I found this square thing with the wires melted some. How do I check to see if it is still good or not? Also what is this? Im putting a picture of the part with the wires melted some attached to this.

Comment

That is your voltage regulator. I regulates and changes the out put of your alternator to 12-14 volts DC to charge the battery. Pull the battery and have it checked to make sure it is ok. I do not know how to test regulator on your motor. A manual would help you a lot.

Comment

Probably has a bad diode in it, best to just replace it.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

OK guys I ruled out the voltage regulator. I looked at the battery again and it was hooked up backwards and I fixed it. Cant believe I did that. Still dont have anything. I had my electric engineer friend check it out and he thinks my key switch is out and thats the reason why nothing will power on. He said with out that working right nothing will come on. I tried checking it out but the wires are enclosed. Unless anyone else has a better idea. I know the rubber part that keeps water or moisture from getting into the key hole is missing so maybe it might be that. What do you guys think

Comment

I have heard that hooking the battery up backwards or just disconnecting the battery while the motor is running can blow the CDI and maybe other things, so good luck with what all you find.
                If you have a meter check the wires at the switch and test in the different positions to see what is going on.

Comment

Working...
                X