Empty Carb Bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empty Carb Bowl

My F100 started running poor. Rough idle, no top end power. I changed my filters and that didn't solve the problem so I pulled the bowl drains to see if I had any gunk in there. Second carb from the bottom didn't have any fuel in the bowl.

Any way to fix it without pulling the carb? Can I harm anything by shooting carb cleaner in that drain hole?

While I was working on it, I noticed that the tiller handle throttle doesn't open the carbs 100% when I twist the throttle all the way open. Is this wrong? Seems like I'm leaving power on the table.

markle

Pump the primer bulb w/the bowl plug out and tap on carb body.Might be stuck needle in the seat. Also,maybe Pull the fuel line from that carb and check for a thimble filter in the inlet.

Comment

Pumping bulb should force open stuck float needle. Tapping on top of carb can sometimes help also. If it continues doing that you may need to open carb and replace that needle valve. Maybe run some heavy Seafoam in your gas to help clean those needle valves. If that needle stuck closed at high RPM's could cause a very lean mixture situation and not so good for motor! Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by chinook View Post
        My F100 started running poor. Rough idle, no top end power. I changed my filters and that didn't solve the problem so I pulled the bowl drains to see if I had any gunk in there. Second carb from the bottom didn't have any fuel in the bowl.

Any way to fix it without pulling the carb? Can I harm anything by shooting carb cleaner in that drain hole?

While I was working on it, I noticed that the tiller handle throttle doesn't open the carbs 100% when I twist the throttle all the way open. Is this wrong? Seems like I'm leaving power on the table.
        I have the exact same issue except my dry carb is #2 from the top. I tried all the carb cleaners, gas treatments, and sea foam, none worked. I have taken all 4 carbs off and cleaned them in a carb cleaner and blew every thing out and dry. Then everything works fine until you let it sit a couple of days or more. Then the problem reoccurs. I have taken the carb off and recleaned it 2 more times with the same result. This time (today) I am going to replace the float needle and seat. Did anyone have a similar issue with easier sucessful results.

Comment

Working...
        X