Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Noise on 70 HP

Hello All,

When motor is warmed up, after running for 5-10 minutes over 4000 RPM a new sound is added in addition to the normal hum. It is like a rattle or ringing sound. It goes away below 3500 RPM and if I ***** for a while, it does not come back until the same warm up period has passed. It is a 1994 and runs great, still hits 5300 RPM and 34 MPH on Lund 1775, same as when new. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

Check under motor shroud on throttle and shift controls. My motor had a similar vibration/sound at certain RPM's and I ended up using some tie wraps to "tighten up" some of control cables/slides/etc. Good Luck!

Comment

Checked the lower unit, no water or milk. the linkage does have some rattle to it, but this is different. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Check the motor mount covers, they may be loose. number 23 in this diagram Yamaha Outboard Parts 1994 70TLRS BRACKET 2 Diagram
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Engine Noise

The noise could also be loose magnets on the flywheel,pull flywheel and check magnets and all components under and around flywheel.GOOD Luck

Comment

Working...
          X