X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugged flush hose on my 2000 250hp OX66

Help.

Where should i start?

I bought a boat with a pair of OX66. The motors are very clear looking on the outside. On sunday, I ran the boat in the Gulf of Mexico. No real problems but on occasion the motor alarm would sound. The starboard motor's tattle tail did stop but a piece of wire in the hose fixed it(small white particles exited the the aid of the wire). After a great day on the water I began to flush the motors on the garden hose. The port motor flushed with out any problems. The starbord motor, not so lucky. The flush hose did not accept any water. I ran the motor on the ears but after a very short time the alarm sounded. I disconnected the ears and reattached the hose to the flush hose and left the water on all night long. Nothing...well maybe a drip or two.

What can I do? Air pressure? Hot water? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Maybe a wasp, bug, worm built a nest/home up in there, like they do on the tell-tale hoses. Can you run a wire or other up in there to knock it lose? Good Luck!

Comment

The problem is the flush hose is plugged or the water pump is plugged or both. When I was hooked up the the garden hose to the flush port not a drop of water came out of the motor. When the ears were on, water went every where but not though the tattle tail.

Help.

Thanks

Comment

Remove the apron from bottom cowling to gain access to flush hose to remove and clean it.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X