Trim Problem TRXP150 please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim Problem TRXP150 please help

The engine trim down fine, but when I try to trim it up it goes nowhere!! I can hear the clicking of the relay, I also check the voltage from ground to one of the terminals on the relay, and it measures 0v, but when I pressed the up button it measures 12.3x V. So I'm guessing the relay is doing its job, the pump or motor works in one direction (down) so the motor isn't stuck. What could be wrong!?!?

This may sound a bit elementary but trim the unit all the way up and check the fluid level. With the engine all the way UP pull the plug and have a look. Should be level with the hole. ATF fluid works fine. The engine trims down because the solenoid is working to RELEASE pressure. Sounds to me like you are low on fluid needed to BUILD pressure.

Comment

How can I trim it all the way up??? The trim motor doesn't make any sound.

Comment

Can the average mortal lift one of these 6-cylinders from full down to full up & lock manually?
        1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
        1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

If you remove trim motor wires from relay's and connect blue wire to 12 positive and black wire to 12v negative trim motor should run and outboard should trim up, do same with green wire and trim motor should run and outboard trim down. If motor doesn't run probably a bad trim motor or wiring problem.
          To lift motor manually it will take 2 people to lift it, 2 people other than yourself would be suggested it's extremely heavy.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X