broken rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broken rod

i have a 200hp v-max the piston seized in the cyl. and broke the rod. before i repair the motor i need to figure out why it quit oiling that cyl. do these inject oil thru the injectors? it was running great

well it actually mixes after coming out of the vst before going into the injectors. why not just remix and no longer worry bout it.

Comment

2nd Big Fish. Aren't there some 2-strokes that use direct oil injection into the cyl (HPDI?). I believe you can't premix those. I'm looking at bigger Grady's and want to stear clear of those. Not sure what years to look for yet.
      1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
      1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

If the oil is mixed before the injector rail I would be looking at the Injectors i8f it is only a problem on one cylinder.
        For what it is worth,I have read that if it was a oil problem the bearings on the crank will go but a lean condition will get a piston.
        I have also heard that a poppet valve stuck open will cause a lean condition on some of these motors. Who knows for sure with the computer run systems.
        have you looked at all the cylinders to see if any of the others have scoring also?
        Good luck and let us know what you find

Comment

The oil pump injects oil into engine on intake side of engine, each cylinders has a oil line going from oil pump to engine block. Look at oil lines(follow lines from top of oil pump) if full of oil probably not an oil injection problem(make sure there is no water in oil tank or oil lines)
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

thanks

thanks for all the input i will check it uot in the next week and let you know

Comment

Working...
            X