Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 225 OX66 76 degree

Hi guys,

We have spent the last couple weekends trying to figure out what is wrong with our port motor. We take the boat out and it runs fine for a while while running at about 3800 rpm to 4000 rpm then the port motor just cuts out and the rpms drop to about 1500 rpm for a little bit until the motor kicks back into gear and runs good for a about a 1/2 mile to 1 mile then does the same thing again. The motor cutting out happens faster and more frequently when we run at higher rpms. Also when we were going slow and had both motors to 1500 rpms the port motor uses 2.6 gph and the starboard motor uses 3.9 gph. We are pretty sure that is a gas issue. We have replaced the plugs, racors, vst filter, and the co2 sensor. We have also hooked the motor up to another gas tank to make sure it is not the gas tank in the boat. The same problem occured while hooked up to the other gas tank. We are leaning towards pick up pump or pick up pumps? Not sure what all is involved in changing them? Any Help????? thanks.

I got the baby sister to your motor, the 150. The LP fuel pumps are pretty inexpensive (<$40 each) and should probably be replaced if in question. A shop manual is a must and the search feature here helps tremendously. You should be into your VST and clean the HP pump screen. The 10-micron filter would also be a good investment at about $15. My money's on the LP fuel pumps though. Be sure to order the gaskets too, they don't come with the pump.
    1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
    1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

Thanks Tucker thats were was leaning toward. I ordered them today. I will let you know how I make when they installed.

Comment

Working...
      X