• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP fuel pump

how do i test to see if it is working? motor is YAMAHA 150 ox66 2002
    when i turn it on i hear a click but nothing "running"

Schrader valve....

There's a Schrader valve there on the outlet fitting. Let the motor run for a minute and put a tire pressure gauge on that schrader valve, you should see 33-38 psi of pressure. Fuel will possibly spray out, so put out your cigarette before you do it. The motor won't run if the pump doesn't work at all.

- Mike

Comment

i took out the pump, tapped it with a hammer and wired it to separate battery with reverse polarity, then wired it correctly and got it to spin. re installed it in the VST and the boat ran for 5 minutes before stalling again. I think there is an issue with the pump. I had major problems the last two years with residue from the fuel lines due to the ethanol in the fuel. I have had to clean and/or replace the screen on the bottom of the HP pump 4 times in 2 years. Checked it today while I had everything apart and it was clean, however there may be a ton of crap stuck in the pump itself, or it is just worn out from pumping all the residue, or struggling to get fuel past the clogged filter. thanks for the info. hate to spend $650 for a pump but that seems to be the going rate.

Comment

the lowest i have found is 747.00 I just dont know if it is HP pump or LP pumps. because I had it spinning in the garage.

Comment

Working...
        X