Yamaha 2002 150 ox66 wont run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 2002 150 ox66 wont run

Fished 3 days ago. filled the remote oil tank with yamalube 2m. checked main tank on engine looked good(between the lines). idled down the river for 15 minutes(no wake) went to plane and the buzzer went off. Checked the cap on main tank and the arrows were not lined up. problem solved. ran another 12 miles that day all systems go. fished yesterday,(was a little rough at initial startup in morning. stalled once, idled rough than ran fine.) ran about 7 miles, anchored and fished for a half hour. went to move and made it approximately 3 miles and the motor just stopped! no hesitation, no sputter, just died. i have plenty of pressure in the fuel line passed the ball, it filled the filter on the engine in 3 pumps of the ball but it just wont start. put new plugs in today even though the 6 month old plugs did not look bad. Could this be a low pressure pump problem? I have not cleaned the O2 sensor this year but i still think the motor would run, just not very well? any help is greatly appreciated! thanks! I have cleaned and replaced the filter(screen) in the VST tank on the bottom of the pump also.

Check to see if there is water in fuel filter. Check to see if can hear fuel pump run when turn key on.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

it's definately the hp pump. when i take it out of the VST and hook it direct to power supply it runs, then makes a little grinding noise when it stops. sometimes it will run again when hooked up and sometimes it wont. if you lightly tap it with a hammer it starts to spin again. something is broke, loose inside of the housing and jamming it up. looks like i need to order a new one, as they are over $800.00 at the marinas here and under $450.00 online, talk about stickin it to ya!

Comment

Working...
      X