1980 Yamaha 15HP Model 15C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1980 Yamaha 15HP Model 15C

I understand from this forum that Yamaha didn't start selling motors in the U.S. until around 1984 and now I understand why I am having trouble finding an impeller for my motor. Model 15C is now associated with a 4 stroke engine but back in 1980 it was a 2 stroke with thru prop exhaust. I also got some indication that a Marinner engine of the same vintage is actually a Yamaha does anyone know if this is true.......but most importantly, does anyone know where I can get an impeller. The motor is great and runs wonderful and would think it a pitty if I had to dump it because I couldn't get such a simple part. I did buy the motor in Europe so the dates make sence. Thanks for your help. Cliff

This is the 1984 15ELN Yamaha Yamaha Outboard Parts 1984 15ELN LOWER DRIVE 1 Diagram
    This is the Mariner 15C Mercury Mariner Parts 15C
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Yamaha 15C

Thanks very much for the information. I now think that I can get the part and replace the impeller. I assume that to take the lower unit off you only need to remove the 4 bolts holding the lower unit to the mid section and disconnect the shift linkage (where it connects to the lever under the cowling) is this correct?? Thanks again, Cliff

Comment

Yes that is the way to remove lower unit.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X